About the area
Clovenfords is expanding village in the central Scottish Borders with a population nearing 1,000 and around 350 households. A further 50 households lie in the surrounding hamlets of Caddonfoot, Peel, Yair, and Torwoodlee.
Government and politics
We are represented by:
- The MP for Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk
- The MSP for Midlothian South, Tweeddale and Lauderdale
- The seven regional MSPs for the South of Scotland
- The three councillors for Tweeddale East on Scottish Borders Council
- Clovenfords and District Community Council
In an 18th-century coaching inn, this publike hotel has 8 straightforward rooms featuring en suite bathrooms. Serving a wide range of food, booking is advised. Tel. 850203 or email .
Clovenfords Primary School
Primary school and nursery. Tel: 662755. The school has an active parent council which holds an annual May fair.
The mobile library van visits the village every three weeks. Please see Live Borders’ website for changes to how this service operates.
Mobile Post Office
The mobile Post Office visits Clovenfords on Mondays to Thursdays from 9.00 am to 10.30 am and parks in the hotel car park.
As Clovenfords Village Shop is currently closed, Bill Birch (850249) is co-ordinating the ordering of newspapers, which you can collect at his house at Caddonlands, Millbank Road.
The X62 bus passes through the village, connecting to Galashiels, Peebles and Edinburgh.
- Beau Boutique, Valley View
- JDBeauty, Leyden Grove
- Simply Lashes: Classic lash extensions, lash lift and tint
Local businesses may be added to this list on request.