Clovenfords and District Community Council is the most local tier of elected representation, and acts on behalf of the community. It is a voice for the local area, ascertains and expresses the views of the community to local authorities and other public bodies, and carries out activities for local residents.
We hold monthly meetings, where community councillors, Scottish Borders councillors, invited guests and members of the public discuss a range of local issues. All are welcome
Meetings are usually held at 7pm on the second Monday of each month, excluding the summer period. Please check the agenda for the meeting’s location, as this varies throughout the year.
The current members of the community council are:
- Chris Whitmore (Chairman)
- Jennifer Jepson (Vice Chairman and Resilience Group)
- Sheila Turnbull (Secretary)
- Alison Wilson (Treasurer)
- Bartek Koszteyn
- Kenneth Turnbull
- Cathy Wilson
- George Dormand
- Ashley Cooper Sharp
- Stuart Bell
- Robin Tatler (ex officio as councillor for Tweeddale East)
- Marshall Douglas (ex officio as councillor for Tweeddale East)
- Julie Pirone (ex officio as councillor for Tweeddale East)
If you are interested in joining the community council, please come along to one of our meetings and introduce yourself, or contact us via
2023 meeting papers (agendas and minutes)
Draft minutes of previous meetings and agendas and papers for upcoming meetings are available below.
Meeting papers from previous years
Accounts for the financial year ended 31 March: