The British Red Cross has collated information, by town, of what local shops/restaurants/etc are doing food orders, home deliveries, etc. The linked document which covers the whole of the Borders and below is an extract that covers Gala & Clovenfords:
- AG Wholesale Fruit and Veg Home Delivery Service contact: 01896 756783 Free Deliveries on orders £10. Or over
- Anderson Fishmonger: 01896 822162
- Iain Frame Newsagents: 01835 824834
- Dalgettys Bakers Tel. 01896 752508 email. alex-dalgetty.co.uk free delivery with orders over £10
- Galashiels Food Bank email: galashielsfoodbank.co.uk St Peters Church
- Kingsknowes Hotel Tel. 01896 758 375 email kingsknowes.co.uk delivered take away meals open Thu-Sun. 5pm – 8pm
- Lyndsay Grieve Family Butcher contact 01450 372109 (will take card payments) £10 deals on offer.
- Gary Moore Tel. 07525 916303 email. moorescateringservices.com catering/ carry out meal services
- Whynot? Channel Street. Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Shop/delivery:-
- Seasons Restaurant Gattonside Tel. 01896 823217 email. fresh cooked meals
- T-4-2 Galashiels Tel. 01896 757565 frozen meals, soup and traybakes open 7am-5pm
Tweedbank Late Shop Tel. 01896 752652 email. local delivery available
It’s not an exhaustive list, for example, many local restaurants/take-aways not listed that are still open for deliveries or collections along with other places for groceries.