About the area
Clovenfords is expanding village in the central Scottish Borders with a population nearing 1,000 and some 350 households. A further 50 are located in the surrounding hamlets of Caddonfoot, Peel, Caddonhaugh and Torwoodlee.
It is represented by:
- Clovenfords and District Community Council
- Three councillors for the Tweeddale East ward of Scottish Borders Council
- The MSP for Midlothian South, Tweeddale and Lauderdale
- The seven regional MSPs for the South of Scotland
- The MP for Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk
The village shop offers a range of groceries and crafts.
A mobile Post Office operates from the hotel car park. The current opening hours are:
Mondays: 9am – 10.30am
Tuesdays: 9am – 10.30am
Wednesdays: 9am – 10.30am
Thursday: 9am – 10.30am
For more information see the Post Office website: Clovenfords Mobile Service Post Office
The X62 bus passes through the village, connecting to Galashiels, Peebles and Edinburgh.
This website has a directory of local groups which run a range of activities.